Saturday 16 February 2013

Visual Experimentation Progress

After Critique Session


After the last critique session on the sketches for my sculptures, feedbacks that I received was:

1. Human Characters are being too normal and confined, in a way that I am just limiting my thoughts of a human character should look just like an average, normal looking human being

2. From a 2D sketches to a 3D sculptures, that is one challenge that I need to work them out

3. Time limitation, due to my lack of experiences and skills in clay sculpturing, improvement on the visual outcome can be done but not within a short amount of time, therefore at the moment, I am still exploring methods to produce my sculptures in the best outcome possible.

So I went online and check for interesting sculptures design and this is what I have stumbled upon.

Salao Coboi referred his characters to creatures, but the interesting part is that he got his inspirations from high end fashion images or catwalks.

Personal thoughts: 
I think that the reason he did in characters in such a way is because perhaps he does not go along to the method of perception that fashion designers perceive their models should be like, like the usual cutting edge kind of look, therefore he came out with a grotesque, creature kind of appearance to grab audience's attentions. Maybe this is the emotional thoughts that he wants people to "feel" from his works. 

Reflecting back to my feedbacks, I think in my character making, this is what I am lacking of. From the idea/ concept that I came up with, I should do my characters in a way that not just the colour mood that gives people the emotion, but through my character designs, people can feel the emotion of the personality that will be portray in my 5 sculptures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment